Friday, August 08, 2008

Because I have to!

I'm just bumbling around... I just needed to create a blog and see what all the hype is about. I'm usually the type that starts something - like a journal - and then never finishes writing on all of the pages. Maybe this will be different for me, I'm always online, so I can probably keep up... maybe I will learn something here... maybe someone will learn something from me, lol, don't laugh at me yet - you don't even know me...yet!

OK, intro time:
I am a stay-at-home mommy to 2 beautiful little boys - Nicholas is 4 1/2 years old and will be starting Pre-K this fall and Matthew is 2 and way ahead of his time - Matt thinks that he will be going to school with Nick. I don't know what is going to happen on that first day when we drop off Nick and Matt has to stay behind... and Nick doesn't want to leave Matt behind - that doesn't help! Hmmm... I don't know what I'm going to do if they both have a meltdown... maybe I can ask the teacher to babysit Matt and just let him stay with Nick...? Ha, ha, ha, ha...

Oh, just to let you know, I tend to ramble and go off on different tangents at times; but somehow I always get back on track and get to my points... LOL! You will have to be a little patient with me...

I have permanently been home ever since Matt was born (I tried to work part time before then). I have been looking for different outlets to keep my sanity intact... my little sister has been scrapbooking for about 7 years now - she finally caught my interest this past April and now I am completely hooked! - it's all her fault! LOL, I just love all the different kinds of papers, stickers and adhesives. You have to love your adhesives no matter what - you can barely make anything without it. I joined Memory Works just so I (or we) can have a discounted way to buy supplies - it hasn't really taken off for me, but I have definitely built up my 'scrap station' and a huge hole in my pocket. I scrap for myself - I just love putting my boys pics on handsome little layouts. My sis is the pro (check out
http://www.everlastingscrapsllcbysb.com/) - I can never compete with her ideas. *This was a shoutout from the heart - so you better check out her site!*

I am currently looking into going back to school - via online. I need to do something for myself. Before I know it - my kids will have kids and I will be stuck home with nothing to do. I have found a very legit, prestigious school for graphic design - it's a bit expensive, but I'm hoping that I can tightened up our budget and get my necessities in order to start in the spring. I'm also hoping to have my degree by the time Matt gets into the 'big K' so I can at least work part-time - hopefully working from home. I don't want to 'count my chickens before they hatch' (my father loves to say this all the time lately)... but I really want to do this for myself.

So, enough about me... at least for now, lol, this is my blog ya know!
'til later...

PS - Whoever invented it - Thank you for spellcheck!

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop