Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor Day!!!



I hope that everyone is enjoying the rest of their weekend! Since my hubby had to work ALL weekend - the boys and I finished Nicky's Pre-K purchases by Saturday - thanks to Titi Sara for driving us around :)
Yesterday and today is all about just staying in and enjoying a very quiet, relaxing and lazy days...



BUT... we made something!, lol... while I was blog-surfing with my Nicky on my lap the other day.... we came across Jami @ Stamp Happy!'s blog... (http://westamphappy.blogspot.com/2008/08/back-to-school-pencils.html) from South Korea...
she made the cutest pencil case! and of course Nicky just wanted to buy it! lol... so we made one together!


It was our fist official scrap project together - I did the cutting, folding and eyelets - he did the best part! - decorating (of course I gave him some tips!), lol...

We used Martha Stewart Cardstock, Making Memories eyelets and the stickers are from Sandylion Essentials and EK Success Sticko Classic Stickers.

If you want to make one too! I followed Jami's directions very strictly - definitely follow her tips and definitely use Sticky Strip - I didn't have any and used Tombow permanent adhesive and the inside of the box keeps popping up! USE THE STICKY STRIP STUFF! LOL...

THANKS JAMI!!! :)

2 comments:

Jami said...

Margie, this is adorable! I love all the diamond panels on top and the eyelets are so fun. I think it's wonderful that your son helped you make it! I hope Nicky has an awesome time at school!!!

hearts and hugs,
Jami

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Very cute and a great idea!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop