Saturday, January 08, 2011

Oh, Alice! Chapter 45: Remembering Holiday Dreams


"Oh, I've had such a curious dream!' said Alice, and she told her sister, as well as she could remember them, all these strange Adventures of hers that you have just been reading about; and when she had finished, her sister kissed her, and said, `It WAS a curious dream, dear, certainly: but now run in to your tea; it's getting late.' So Alice got up and ran off, thinking while she ran, as well she might, what a wonderful dream it had been."

-- Chapter 12, Alice in Wonderland

I hope you have some wonderful holiday dreams to remember! We are still locked in winter in the northern hemisphere, and that makes me think of an icy blue color scheme. It is also time to start scrappng those Christmas and New Year memories!

Our generous sponsor, Nikki Sivils, is offering a huge prize to help you capture those memories! One randomly drawn winner will receive a 6x6 inch pad, 12x12 inch designer paper, and burlap covered buttons from the Happy Holly-Days Collection!

So the challenge this week, should you choose to accept it, is to share something that helps you capture your holiday memories, like a layout, mini-album or picture holder of some kind, OR to use an icy blue and white color scheme!

The design team this week will be showing off some fabulous paper from our generous sponsor, Nikki Sivils. They will be using the wonderful "Something for Everyone" collection in beautiful Alice blue or the Happy Holly-Days collection.

I have 2 cards today using Nikki Sivils' "Something for Everyone" Collection :)


For my first card,
I just had to use my newest stamp from My Favorite Things called "Splish, Splash"...
isn't he the cutest lil guy?! I stamped the sentiment on NS' Cardstock Sticker... and I also used MFTs Die-namics Notebook Edge...


... and on the inside,
I used the Open-Scallop Border Die-namic with another sentiment from the set :)


For my next card, I used the same Nikki Sivils DP and this time I used one of their matching courdory brads! It has been so long since I've used any type of brads - and these are awesome! I'm going to need to get me a bunch more ;)


For this card,
I used another My Favorite Things stamp set, "Apple for You" and their Scallop-Scalloped Die-namic :)
Doesn't lil Miss Apple look like a 3yo version of Alice? hee hee
I'm also entering this card to the That's Kraft Thursday Challenge #45!

Thanks everyone for stopping by today :)

You have until Friday, January 14th, 8 p.m. CST to submit your creations using the link on the Oh, Alice Challenge blog. Remember you can either share a holiday memory or use an icy blue color scheme, so show us your stuff and one luck winner will walk away with the prize pack from Nikki Sivils!

And don't forget to stop by and visit the rest of the DT and see their wonderful creations :)
Have a fab weekend!!!

8 comments:

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

soooo sweet! i love them- the boy reminds me of calliou :)

xo
me

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! This is the challenge you were telling me about!!! YAY for Nikki! I hope you and your team share your Nikki cards with me! I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to showcase all of you and your challenge too!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jodi Collins said...

These are ADORABLE Margie!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Margie! Your cards are super cute. Thanks for sharing :)

The Spotted Chick said...

Acccck! I'm in LUUUUUV!! Margie this little girl is too cute! I love the scallops and the blue is fabulous with the Kraft! Now I've GOTTA have some of those brads! Thanks so much for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Sparkplug17 said...

Such cute cards!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok, seriously HOW Cute are tehse little peeps?!?! You did a FANTASTIC job pairing these MFT sweeties w/ the Nikki stuff-and THANK YOU. THANK YOU again for doing this for us! You are wonderful and so are your creations!!!!

Tasha said...

OMG these are gorgeous Margie! I love the punching on the first card and the sweet image on the second.
love tasha xx

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop