Friday, August 12, 2011

heArt Journaling Week 3... Gratitude

thank you... 

Last weeks heArt Journaling with The Greeting Farm... 



Assignment: Create a spread/page using the concept of Gratitude, appreciation, and thanks. This could be a spread listing your appreciation for anything/anyone. Use any stamps you want, colors, etc. Not necessary to use any TGF stamps, this is YOUR journal, do what you want cuz you rule that journal! Tip: Try adding lots of layers. 


And I did add a whole bunch of layers, lol!
I am definitely not a free hand painter! This tree started off very branch-y and spooky looking! Layers of different paints and such, and I was finally happy with what it looks like now... same thing with the paper heart; it looked a bit plain, added some journaling, then I tried to stamp something in it, but it came out too dark and smudged! So I tried painting over it, didn't work, made it worse! Ugh, lol! Ended up using these ticket stubs to hide it ;)  I had a TON of fun creating this... 


The left side of the page... I have to admit, I am very thankful for my life!
No matter what happens to me, I am thankful and happy to be here, to be able to share with my family and friends, to be a part of their lives... so happy to just be alive :) 


On the right side,
I added my "family tree", I am SOOO very thankful for my sweet boys, hubs, parents and little sister! I could never imagine my life, not one minute of it, without any of them by my side! They are my tree of life! A huge part of my existence :)

I Modge Podge-d the paper heart, acrylic paints, added some Prima flowers and Thickers...
I also used The Greeting Farm's Blush Heart, Splotchy and the lil birdie from the Sunshine Kit!

This week's theme is to hand-draw a girl and use a medium you've never used before!
This should get very interesting :)
I just got some Gesso and a new pen/marker to do the journaling with...
Fun :) :) :)

Thanks much for letting me share today!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
xoxo 

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Margie! I love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the tree, the colors and all the little birdies! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

SO Pretty!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your art journaling layout, what a great idea to do gratitude too. We have so much to be thankful for, cool idea!

Cindy Haffner said...

So COOL!!~

Jessica Diedrich said...

GIRL! HOLY WOW! I adore this- omg I am so happy you decided to join us because you are AMAZING at this. What a wonderful keepsake you're going to have when you're done!

Cheryl said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop