Sunday, October 26, 2008

BasicGrey Challenge #8 - Shapes

You all know how my sis and I {HEART} BasicGrey sooo very much!!! Well... someone decided to make a BasicGrey Challenges blog - how awesome is that ?! Every Saturday there will be a new challenge - forcing me to stop hording all of my stuff!!!

I NEVER touch my BasicGrey!... unless I am absolutely sure I want to part with it :)

This week's challenge is to get shapely by using squares, circles, rhomboids, triangles, etc.
AND of course to use at least one item from BasicGrey.

Here's my baby:

Here's it's ingredients: BasicGrey Cupcake DP, Rub-on and chipboard; American Crafts 'happy birthday' ribbon; misc. CS and I used my new EK Success 7/8" Circle punch for my circles :) I am starting to get over my fear of circles! LOL! especially when I have help from a perfect circle maker ;)

Polka-dots are starting to grow on me too! I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere soon ;)

BTW... I hope to share a few layouts with y'all soon! Today I found the last 2 that I had done back in JULY!!! I really need to catch up AND start on the boys baby albums! I know - bad mommy! LOL!!!

10 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Super sweet cupcake!! Would you believe I do not have any Basic Grey?! I love what I see though - I will have to pick some up!!
hugs, Jami

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Fantastic. That cake looks good enough to eat. Thank you for joining us in our challenge this week.


Jo x

Sara said...

Great cupcake card! The little cupcakes are adorable- have you been hiding them from me?

Big sissy, can you share w lil sissy?

XOXO

Pascalebrad said...

I love the cup cake and the background too. BG are great products for sure. Pascale :)

Jana said...

I love basic grey too!!! Fun drawings and fun cards too!!

Catherine said...

LOL! i'm actually addicted to challenges out there but i think i have to pass on this one, I do not dare to use my BG papers..LOL!

Love your card :)

Curt in Carmel said...

Great card! I especially love the cupcake sprinkles at the bottom! Best, Curt

Mrs Wonka said...

Ohhhhhh I do love a cupcake! This is a fab card.

Mrs Wonka x

Sara said...

I know you did this to me first, but I don't know what happened, so do it again!

Tag You're It!

It's coming around ladies & gents, so watch out!

RULES:Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. i love my blankies! I have 5, 1 from when I was younger and I can't give them up
2. i love to cuddlez w my hubby and pup in bed catching up on shows with our DVR
3. i love to think I can sing
4. i love SLEEPING
5. i love the smell of rain & babies feets
6. i love to pretend play with my nephews
7. i always need to make sure all the doors are closed in my apartment before going to bed, even the closet and bathroom doors- lol- I know i'm a nut.

okay i am going to tag my big sissy Margie and six scrapparific gals I have met here through blogging:
Ellie
Toni
Kath
Kurt
Terri
Bona

I hope everyone responds and that we can all make some new friendsies.

Hasta manana,

Sara

Kristen said...

What a yummy looking cupcake! Great card!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop