Thursday, April 09, 2009

Swappin' Scraps Cupcake Swap and The Time Traveler's Wife

Hello, and Happy Thursday :)
I joined in on Sara's Swappin' Scraps Cupcake Swap this month...
Here's what I came up with...
It could be a tag or bookmark... whatever you prefer, lol!
I've never made this size before, 6Lx3W... is that a tag size or bookmark size?
Seems a bit big for a bookmark - even though, I tend to use anything that I can find, usually scraps, or a tissue, lol! For someone who reads a ton of books, I should have a drawer full of them!!! I always misplace them!!!
I should make some time and make myself some more bookmarks ;)
Speaking of books...
My very lovely friend, Rebecca of Bella Carta, let me borrow - The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger... it has taken a slot on my top 5 must read and re-read lists!!!

"Why is love intensified by absence?"
— Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Traveler's Wife)

"It is an unconventional love story that centers on a man with a strange genetic disorder that causes him to unpredictably time travel, and his wife, an artist who has to cope with his frequent absences and dangerous experiences."

This book really moved me in sooo many ways. I actually laughed outloud a few times and definitely teared up during the last 30 to 40 pages, but it was well worth the tissues!
I must admit, at times I was a little confused and I would have to go back to check dates and re-read passages, but it didn't matter. I was so involved with the story and characters, that I really felt what they were going through.
If you love love stories, this is definitely your type of book ;)

Tag/Bookmark Details:
Paper(s): KI Memories - Love,Elsie Jack&Abby Cupcake DP; Stampin Up CS.
Stamp(s): Taylored Expressions Sweet Celebration Stamps; Stampin Up sentiment.
Ink(s): Palette Noir Black; Copic Markers; Spica Glitter Markers.
Accessories: Dew Drops; Creating Memories Corner Punch; Michael's Ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by :)
Comments are most welcomed!
I'll be back tomorrow with some challenges I've been working on ;)
Don't forget to enter your comments for my Celebration Blog Candy!!!
Stop by Sissy's Scrap Challenges and join in!
AND
Hop on over to Twilight Tuesday, there are some other great book discussions going on in the forum :)
Smooches!!!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Margie,

Awww you cupcake tags are so cute and you made so many of them. Looks like you were hard at work. Awesome job coloring the images. . those cupcakes are adorable.

I just finished the "bella" section of Breaking Dawn. Interesting to say the least! LOL!

Maria

Tammi said...

CUTE tags/bookmarks Margie! And I'm a sucker for romance, so I might just check this one out, TFS! ~Hugs

Allison Rankin said...

How fun...love the cupcake tower! I know what you mean about bookmarks...I have used everything (the other day, I threw in a spoon since it was handy!).

Rebecca said...

I love those cupcakes and I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!

Jami said...

Those cupcakes are sooo adorable! I think they would be perfect for tags OR bookmarks!! I have to admit...until Twilight, the last book I read was a couple years ago. I just finished the 3rd Twilight yesterday. After the last one, I'll be on the look out for this book...you've turned me into a reader!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Margie,

I am trying to make my rounds and catch up with everyone's blogs. Your comments on my blog always make my day and make me smile and laugh!!!

You did a great job getting all of these cupcake creations done!!!!

Even with the brown I can still see they are great!!!!

Heather

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop