Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge 49 & Sketches

It's Tuesday!!!
Time for another round of...


Challenge 49...

"Home is where the heart is"

"Throughout the series Bella discusses a lot of homes. She spends a lot of time at home, maybe not her home, but if the saying is true, it is home to her. This challenge is pretty simple."

Here are some of the houses discussed in the book...
Charlie's house: unchanged since Renee moved out. I always remember her discussing the yellow cabinets in the kitchen. Kind of small, a sort of bachelor pad with a bit of an outdated woman's touch.
Renee's homes.
The Cullen's house: Giant windows, open, white, three stories, a mix of modern and classic.
The house on Isle Esme.
Edward and Bella's cottage: small, a mix of styles, stone floors, small garden, fireplace, think Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...
Emily Young's house with the flower boxes and something always cooking.
Billy Black's small but welcoming home.

Craft Portion:
Make a project based on either a home discussed in the series or what home means to you.

Comment Portion:
If you could build your dream home, what would it be like???


For my home card, I also used Sketch 12...
I wanted to create something based on Edward and Bella's cottage since that would be my ideal home - something not too small, but cozy, family/kid friendly... Warm, comfy and inviting! With lots of closets, or at least one giant Alice-size one ;) tons of bookshelves and of course a crafty corner by the kids domain :)

... but I went with the Cullen's house ;)
The Cullen's main areas seem to be warm and inviting, but precise, immaculate and modern!
I tried to re-create that feel with clean cut colors and straight edges...
I also created a card for Sketch 11... just because! LOL! Like I needed an excuse to keep using my new Twilight stamp set!!!
mmmm... go ahead and sparkle for me, Edward ;)
TEAM EDWARD!!!
Family Cullen Card & Edward Card Details:
Paper(s): Deja Views Botanical DP; Bazzill CS; Papertry Ink CS; Paper Company Cool Metallic Sapphire CS
Stamp(s): Necco's Official Twilight Rubber Stamps
Ink(s): Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Copics; Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Markers
Accessories: Making Memories Slice Die-cuts; Recollections Gems and Family tag; misc ribbon; Making Memories Black Tie Brads and Silver Alpha Stickers.
Thanks so much for drooling... I mean looking ;)Now grab your favorite beverage and snack and have a looksie at what the team created this week :)
Alison of Alison's Random Thoughts
Dani of Count Your Beautiful Blessings
Donna of Donna's Diary
Erica of Inked Up and Ready to Play
Eve of This is Bliss
Jacquie of Family and Crafting
Jen of deconstructing jen
Julie of Stars Fall Designs
Rebecca of Bella Carta


14 comments:

Tonya Klar said...

Love, love, love these cards! I need some of those stamps!!! How cool are they? And OME!!! This is the first time I've actually seen your new blog design and it is GORJUSS!!! I ADORE IT!!! You go girl!!! ROCK ON!

Unknown said...

Wow I love these! the cut out space in the cullen's card is awesome and I love how you put "team edward" on the other one! great job!

Alison said...

These are both awesome! I am so diggin' those stamps! Must. Have. Your cards are wonderful!

ellepaulette said...

I love your cards! Awesome job combining the challenges! perfect use of your new stamps!!! :)

Erica said...

I am drooling over the new stamps. Love both cards. Great cut out with the Cullen house card. The sketches work perfect for your ideas. Great job hun!

Claudia said...

Awesome Card Margie! My lil sis LOVES Twilight. She would pass out if she saw this card.

Claudia (DCRU)

Tammi said...

Def. drooling, can't stop! ;) This is fantastic, love the new stamps, how cool are those! Love the sparkly Edward name and that awesome banner! I'd live in a cottage on the beach (nice and warm beach). :) ~Hugs

Beth said...

WOW! MARGIE! These are wonderful! Your caard layout is so cool - great idea for the die cut!!Oh, man... I need those stamps!!

Jacqueline said...

How cool are these cards!! Awesome way to use the die and stamps! They are just so cool! Very creative! You have been busy doing such wonderful work everywhere! :D

Unknown said...

These are just gorgeous Margie...You always think of such cool cards to make and perfect for evey challenge!! You are amazing....And you rock!! Xx

Michelle Alejandro said...

Margie these are great! I bet you are counting the seconds until New Moon, hehe. TFS!

Rebecca said...

This is the first time I've seen these stamps - and how cool are they????? Wonderful job with the challenge, I love both your card creations!

Eve said...

Margie- wowsers! You did an awesome job! Can you send me the link for these stamps? Of course I need them now!

Cheryl said...

Those are some hot stamps! Did I miss the post as to where to purchase?

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop