Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Katie for a Cure"

Good Thursday morning everybody!
{Please click HERE or scroll down a bit to see this week's Pixie Dust Studio's challenge,
Thank YOU!}
There is a new StampInsanity Stamp release
and a challenge collaboration with

Challenge #20 (SISC20) is a color combo of...
Pink and Black

I'd like to also enter my card to the following challenges:
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #16 - Pink and Black
- My Time To Craft Challenge #100 - "Check It Out!"
(Look closely at the hearts and skulls are checked!)

Today's release is a special release, one that affects many people today and around the world...


From the owner of StampInsanity Stamps, Beth:

"Katie for a Cure is a very special set I designed to honor my cousin Kate, who earlier this year, at age 33, was diagnosed with breast cancer. Kate is the picture of health and vitality, and her spirit is magical. She has two very young children, and is in the prime of her life – which makes her diagnosis all the more distressing. As only Katie can, she is fighting this disease with the strength and grace of a pure champion. Her story is sadly not unique, but this is my Katie, and I had to do something. It is tragic, but I am sure that my family is not the only one to have this disease repeatedly rearing its head at us. It is my hope that together we will raise a donation that we can all be proud of. And if nothing else, Kate will get a smile from all the beautiful cards that you share with us. Thank you all in advance for your donations and your creations!"


This image and set for Katie and Breast Cancer is fabulous, you can tell that a lot of love went into creating this set :)  I really wanted to give my card a StampInsanity feel to it...
So, I pulled out some of my horded stash of Sassafras Lass DP and Papertrey Ink CS; added a doilie and May Arts Ribbon, some bling from Recollections and used up every single Pink-colored Copics that I own :)

I hope Beth, Katie and all of you likey as much as I do :)


Here's the entire digital set:


The cost for the set will be $10
with ALL proceeds benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Please be sure to visit the Groovy girls 'Pink and Black' creations...


And a huge thank you to the Fussy and Fancy DT for their groovy support!!!
Do stop by the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog too and see their amazing projects this week :) 

Iheartffchallenge

Thank you for stopping by today!

Don't forget to hug someone you love extra tight today :)
Enjoy your Thursday :) hugs!!!

10 comments:

Alison said...

Wonderful card! I love the rhinestones and that fab Sassafrass paper! Thank you for working so hard on getting this challenge together!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an AWESOME stamp....and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what you have done with it!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Margreet said...

gorgeous card, Margie..great colouring and perfectly fitting DP
xxx Margreet

Erica said...

I love everything about this! The use of the doiley is cute. I also like how the paper really stands out too!

Unknown said...

gorgeous Margie! Your coloring is great & so is the paper.

Danni said...

What an awesome image for a great cause! Fabulous card!

Lisa Foster said...

This is so beautiful Margie!! I LOVE it! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Beth said...

Fantastic! This is really great, Margie!!! Thank you for everything you do! xxx

Cor* said...

So fabulous. She looks so soft with that doily in the background! Glad to have joined you guys this week.

Juanita said...

Awesome card, love the gems, silver balls, and that paper is so fun.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop