Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just Because...

Hi everyone and Happy Tuesday!

Well, at the moment, my printer is on the fritz - or what hubs is calling it, a much needed vacay for the poor ol' guy! ha!
I don't have a new digi's to play with right now :(
So, I was 'forced' to dust off some old stamp sets and pull out some extra digi's that I have laying around - it's a good thing that I always print 2 or more of them at a time ;)

So you won't believe what I found at the bottom of my little stash???

I love Papertrey Ink! Y'all know I have an addiction to their Kraft CS ;)
I love their stamp sets too! I only own 2 sets... and {ducking!} I have never used them!
gasp! I know! What was I thinking?! lol!

I finally used "With Sympathy" today to create a requested 'Just Because' card that needed to have 5 of something on it to represent the 5 people that it's going to...
This was a bit difficult for me since it's not my usual style, but I think I like how it turned out :)

I used the following challenges for inspiration :)
- Cute Card Thursday Challenge #125 - Use trees or leaves
- Flutter By Wednesday #117 - Use Butterflies, Angels or Fairies

Here's my card...


Be honest, what do you think?! :)

... and look! No designer/pattern paper! lol!
I used PTI Cardstock, Colorbox Inks and Tim Holtz "Peeled Paint" Distressed Ink and Prima Pearls...
I even pierced the corners so they wouldn't look so empty! Another first for me since I have never done that before either! lol!

I hope the requet-er likes it :)
I look forward to hearing your opinions!

17 comments:

Danni said...

Ohhhh I {heart} this!! So very pretty!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Julie said...

I think this is just lovely!

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Maria Matter said...

Hi Margie!!!

I think your card turned out quite beautiful!!! I really like the green vine and how it's shadowed!!! The flutters are lovely too, such pretty colors!

I hope you're able to get your printer fixed soon! It's horrible to have digis 'trapped' in your 'puter!! :(

take care hun
hugs & blessings!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love it Margie!! I am LOVING the different colored butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE! That is what I think! Just gorgeous girlie!

Jodi said...

SO pretty Margie!! Pretty layout and color choices!! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

martina's kaartjes said...

Elegant card, love it !
Have a great day,
greetings, Martina
x

Tasha said...

Ah Margie this is so pretty! I love the different coloured butterflies and the beautiful vine stamp! Wow gorgeous
love tasha xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh GORGEOUS.

Anita said...

Hi Margie! :) I adore those butterflies, and I especially love the little pearl details on them. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Annie said...

very pretty card and such delicate leafy swirls - gorgeous! thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Tammi said...

I think it's gorgeous Margie, love the 5 butterflies and that it's a long card! ~hugs

Linda said...

I think this card is wonderful! And you didn't use patterned paper! That is definitely a challenge but you DID IT! Great job Margie & TFS! xoxo, Linda

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love the rainbow of butterflies! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week!

Nina Dee said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the pearls on your butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Ida said...

How pretty! Love the row of butterflies with those tiny little pearls. Thanks for joining the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week.

PepPop said...

Beautiful card Margie, love the simplicity of it. Jaqui x

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop