Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #13

WoW! It's finally here!!! ---> Twilight Tuesday!!!!!
... and it also happens to be my 150th post too! Yea!!! :)

Ok - I know y'all have waited long enough...

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #13 - the theme was chosen by our very own Jen of {Deconstructing Jen}... Supporting Characters!

For the comment part of the challenge: Who is your favorite (non-Cullen) supporting character? Why? and Who is your least favorite (non-Cullen) supporting character? Why?
Design challenge: Design an item that represents your favorite (non-Cullen) supporting character.
*All crafters of any type are welcome - cards, scrapbook layouts, jewelry, drawings, etc... we'd love to see it! Please leave a comment here at our new site:
Twilight Tuesday
with a link to where we can see your creation, and if posting to SCS, please use keyword TTIC13.

The second I learned about this challenge - I knew that I wanted to have a lot of fun with it - especially since on the last challenge I got all mushy and serious ;)


*** Spoiler Alert to those who have not read Midnight Sun!!! ***
(Sorry Eve!!!)

This one character just kept popping into my head... she's not a 'major' supporting character... she is briefly mentioned in Twilight page 102 and in Midnight Sun on pages 18-19 and again on 131-132.
Do you remember Ms. Cope??? Before I even knew that Midnight Sun existed, I knew exactly what Ms. Cope, Forks High School's secretary, was going through in Twilight! lol! 'cause that would sooo be me!!!
And when Edward reveals her thoughts in Midnight Sun - I almost passed out!!! I KNEW IT!!! I soooo knew what she was thinking... Poor Ms. Cope, lol! I'm not afraid to admit it!, I can sympathize with her, and that is why she is my fave!

Twilight page 102:
"Ms. Cope?"
"Yes?" I (Bella) hadn't heard her return to her desk.
"Bella has Gym next hour, and I don't think she feels well enough. Actually, I was thinking I should take her home now. Do you think you could excuse her from class?"
His (Edward's) voice was like melting honey. I could imagine how much more overwhelming his eyes would be.
"Do you need to be excused, too, Edward?" Ms. Cope fluttered.

Midnight Sun page 131-132 (same scene as Twilight page 102):
"Ms. Cope?" I asked, using my persuasive voice again.
Her eyelashes fluttered, and her heart sped up. Too young, get a hold of yourself!
"Yes?"
That was interesting. When Shelly Cope's pulse quickened, it was because she found me physically attractive, not because she was frightened. I was used to that around human females... yet I hadn't considered that explanation for Bella's racing heart.
I rather liked that. Too much, in fact. I smiled, and Ms. Cope's breathing got louder.
"Bella has gym next hour, and I don't think she feels well enough. Actually, I was thinking I should take her home now. Do you think that you could excuse her from class?" I stared into her depthless eyes, enjoying the havoc that this wreaked on her thought processes. Was it possible that Bella...?
Ms. Cope had to swallow loudly before she answered. "Do you need to be excused, too, Edward?"

Midnight Sun page 18:
"Ms. Cope?"...
The woman with unnaturally red hair looked up and her eyes widened....
"Oh", she gasped, a little flustered. She smoothed her shirt. Silly, she thought to herself. He's almost young enough to be my son. Too young to think that way... "Hello, Edward. What can I do for you?" Her eyelashes fluttered behind her thick glasses. ...
I leaned forward, meeting her gaze as if I was staring deeply into her depthless, small brown eyes. Her thoughts were already in a flutter. This should be simple.
"I was wondering if you could help me with my schedule?,"...
I heard the tempo of her heart increase.
"Of course, Edward. How can I help?" Too young, too young she chanted to herself. ...

Ms. Cope likes to daydream... A LOT!!!
Now, don't let Edward 'dazzle' you into forgetting to go and check out what the other Twilight DT members created this week ;)

Beth, Stamp Insanity
Danielle, Count Your Beautiful Blessings
Eve, This is Bliss
Jen, Deconstructing Jen
Julie, When the Stars Fall From the Sky
Rebecca, Bella Carta
Tonya, Stamp Happens

BTW - My least fave character would have to be... one sec... he's so annoying that I always forget his name... I have to go and look it up... Tyler!!! Oh, he sooo annoyed me! He was just... annoying! LOL!!!

8x8 Layout Details:

Paper: DCWV The High School foiled stack DP, unknown CS

Stencils: Creative Memories Storylines and The Crafters Workshop Clouds

Stickers: Sandylion Essentials

Stamps: StudioG Alphabet Stamp Set

Ink: Colorbox

Die-cuts: EK Success

Misc: Making Memories staples and star eyelets; American Crafts Poolside Thickers

11 comments:

Leigh said...

LOL! I never even think of Mrs. Cope. Brilliant! I finally got TTIC12 up just in time to be late for TTIC 13! Ah! ;)

Jen Shults said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! This is absolutely the most brilliantly hilarious and awesome idea ever!!! I would never in a million years have thought of this but it's toooooo perfect. You rock!!!

Rebecca said...

O.M.E.!!!! This is incredible! I love Mrs. Cope's "too young" doodling, LOL! Great job, this is sooooo incredibly creative - rock on!

ellepaulette said...

Way to go! I would have never thought of Mrs. Cope either! LOL! I think all of us understand what she was going through...

Eve said...

Shhh-
I have not read it yet!
You think they will throw me out?
I just can't find the time to sit at my PC and read all that!
LOVE your card- as always lovely!

Beth said...

OH, SNAP!!! This is so freakin ' awesome! Perfect! Fantastic! And FUNNY! Poor Ms Cope! LOL GREAT job, Margie! I need to go look up some new adjectives...

Anonymous said...

What a great LO!!!! I love it. It is so funny that you chose Mrs. Cope because when I went last Saturday night to watch Twilight, for the second time, we were talking about her scene in the movie and in the book. I think they could have done a little more with it to make it funnier- right on girl!

Love it!!!!

XOXO
Sara

Jami said...

What a cool layout - love how you did the cloud shapes around the photo!!
hugs, Jami

Tammi said...

Wowza, I love the way you think!! I had so much fun (sigh) ;) reading that, and what you made is so perfect!! Thanks for the smile & giggles!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Too funny! I feel like such a dirty old lady during that part of the book, lol! Hmmm...will have to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie said...

Margie -- this is absolutely BRILLIANT! Creative, imaginative, and totally hilarious. Seriously -- how cool that brought out so much humor in a Twilight project. To even think of using Mrs. Cope was an inspired idea. You have a serious talent here, girl!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop