Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #43

Good Twilight Tuesday to you :)
Y'all are gonna love the challenge that Beth (Stamp Insanity) has for us this week!!!
This week's Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #43 is...

A Love Song for Edward & Bella

Beth: "I love music! I relate just about everything I hear in songs to something. I just breathe it in – I FEEL it! So my challenge is going to draw on that. I challenge you to think about the Saga as a whole, and then to decide in retrospect, what Edward and Bella’s song should be. It can be a song about a particular part of their relationship, or their journey as a whole. Be prepared to explain!! This IS a variation of a prior challenge, so I ask that you try and go in a different direction if you participated previously! This will take some thought before project ideas even come into play..."

Craft Portion: Choose a song. Explain why it should be theirs. Share lyrics that are particularly poignant, if you can. Create a project scrapbook layout around this song.

Comment Portion: Choose a song. Explain why it should be theirs. Share lyrics that are particularly poignant, if you can.
Dear hubs told me I should put a warning label on this one since I'm going to get all deep and mushy with y'all ;)

The Song that I chose...

"Number One Crush" by Garbage from the Romeo & Juliet Soundtrack

Ok, I know, I know - not your typical Love Song, but Love isn't stereotypical... there is no one interpretation for it! Not one thing, feeling, image, sound, etc...

Don't worry, I'm going to explain... The feelings behind this song is strong, possessive - this person is obsessed with their loved one, willing to do anything for them... to the point that there isn't enough or many ways to show their love to them... sounds a bit scary, but true love can, will and has done that to people... you just can't get enough of that love, you hunger for it... you will do anything for it... your heart feels like it's going to burst out of your chest! You just want to hold on tight and never let go...

"I will die for you...

I will cry for you...

I will pray for you...

I will sell my soul for something pure and true,

someone like you..."

I feel that Edward's and Bella's love for each other is like this... no matter what, it's sooo strong, there just isn't enough ways to show that love to each other. 12x12 Layout Details: Paper(s): DCWV Once Upon a Time Print - Forest Glade; Clear Acetate Sheet on Provo Craft Textured Ruby. Ink(s): Stampin Up Chocolate Chip Ink for distressing. Accessories: Prima Nursery Tales Collection Flowers; K&Company Jewels.

Don't forget - stop by and show the Team some love ;)

Beth ~ Dani ~ Eve ~ Rebecca

And Guest Designers:

Alison ~ Donna ~ Jacquie ~ Erica

(Tonya, Jen and Julie are taking a break this week)


LOL! Don't worry - I know that love isn't suppose to be or feel like this 24/7...

but it should ;)

Enjoy your Tuesday!!!

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous Margie!! What a perfect song to describe their love! I agree love should feel that strong all the time! I really love this page, everything works so well together! Great work hun! Hugs!

ellepaulette said...

What a beautiful layout!! Love it!!! Great song, I had never heard it before so I am off to go listen to it!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Margie...This page is just perfect for this challenege...You made it strong and romantic....Love the colours...And this song OME! I am sorry I didn't thnik of it (I am so glad you did thought). Did I say already...BEAUTIFUL! Xx

Alison said...

Gotta love the Once Upon a Time Collection! Nice song choice too! Fab-u-lous!

Erica said...

This layout is breathtaking. I think the song is fantastic. The flowers are SOOOO beautiful and are a perfect addition to the page. Wonderful!

Beth said...

That is a PERFECT song for them! Holy cow! And your project is AMAZING!!! OMG! Beautiful!

Jodi said...

I think this is an awesome choice and love the page you created for the challenge too!! It really says Edward and Bella!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Rebecca said...

great song choice and gorgeous LO!

Risa said...

Your layout and song choice are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Juanita said...

Love it, I need to go check out that song.

Cheryl said...

The R&J soundtrack is so good. I *love* that song! And what a pretty LO to showcase it.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop