Monday, January 26, 2009

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge#16

Welcome back to another...

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge!!!

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #16 was chosen by Danielle of Count Your Beautiful Blessings! The theme this week is: Twilight Music

Comment Portion: What song/music do you think of when you think about Twilight? Is there a song that just screams 'Twilight!' to you? Why?

Crafter's Portion: Music is an important element in Twilight. Let the music from the book or the movie inspire you!

Blog Candy: There are 3 different ways to be entered into January's Blog Candy. Check out Julie's post for more info here!

If you are posting to SCS, please use keyword TTIC16.

The Twilight Soundtrack is one of the best movie soundtracks that I have ever heard in a long time... I also like the "Romeo & Juliet" Soundtrack (starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes)...
My fave songs on the Twilight cd are "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse and "Leave Out All The Rest" by Linkin Park... and of course I also love Rob Pattinson's "Never Think".

Even though the songs for the soundtrack are all a perfect fit for the movie, there are a lot of others that I think would have fit in perfectly for the feel of Twilight...
Don't you just love the way certain songs can just flow right threw you...

I chose 2 of my fave Twilighty songs and made a 12x12 layout...
The song on the right is "Can I Have A Kiss" by Kelly Clarkson... (I've posted the lyrics to this song at the bottom of this post!)
The song on the left is "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams... the words are perfect, but the music maybe not so much - maybe someone can re-do it...? Here are the 12x12 details:
Bazzill Black CS; Creative Imaginations DPs and Red Die-cut DP; DCWV DPs; Paper Pizazz Vellum Dots; Prima Lollipop Licorice Flower; Prima Aloha Petals Starry Night; K&Company gems; Fancy Pants Rub-ons.

Thanks for looking... now go on and check out the other DT members projects! GO, go , go!!! ;)

Beth, Stamp Insanity

Danielle, Count Your Beautiful Blessings

Eve, This is Bliss

Jen, Deconstructing Jen

Julie, When the Stars Fall From the Sky

Rebecca, Bella Carta

Tonya, Stamp Happens


"Can I Have A Kiss"
by Kelly Clarkson
Excuse me for this
I just want a kiss
I just want to know what it feels like to touch
Something so pure
Something I'm so sure of
What it feels like to stand outside your door
I'm unworthy
I can see you're above me
But I can be lovely given the chance
Don't move
I want to remember you just like this
Don't move
It's only a breath or two between our lips
I know why you left
I can't blame you myself
Must be hard living with ghosts and such an empty shell
I tried to warn you
I've been a mess since you've known me
I can't promise forever
But I'm working on it
If I can't hold you
Can I give you a kiss
Can I have a kiss
I see that you're torn
I've got some scars of my own
Seems I want what I know is gonna leave me hungry
Don't move
I need to remember you just like this
I know why you left
I can't blame you myself
Must be hard living with ghosts and such an empty shell
I tried to warn you
I've been a mess since you've known me
I can't promise forever
But I'm working on it
If I can't hold you
Can I give you a kiss
Can I
All I have
All I can give to you I will
Just promise this
If I can't have forever
Can I have a kiss
I know why you left
I can't blame you myself
Must be hard living with ghosts and such an empty shell
I tried to warn you
I've been a mess since you've known me
I can't promise forever
But I'm working on it
If I can't hold you
Can I give you a kiss
Can I give you a kiss
Can I, can I
Can I have a kiss

15 comments:

Eve said...

Girl I have been waiting patient here in Cali for your project!
And you did not let me down!
Wow- another great project!
Great song as well.
I also added your book to my to-reads. I want to see that movie! Can not wait to hear what you think about it!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! I love this!!! Great songs...although "Everything I Do" just screams Robin Hood for me. SIGH...Bryan Adams....SIGH.....

I absolutely LOVE your scrapbook page!

Beth said...

LOVE this! What an awesome layout - you rock. GREAT job!!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Margie, the Kelly Clarkson song is absolutely perfect! Love the layout too!

JackieLou said...

My personal fave is the flightless bird/American Mouth song...

Julie said...

Great job, Margie! I LOVE the way you included the lyrics. Great choices, lovely layout -- beautiful!

ellepaulette said...

What perfect songs! I love how you put them on the scrapbook layout. Awesome!

Jacqueline said...

This is great!! Love it!

Tammi said...

Beautiful Margie and so perfect!

Steph said...

I'm with Tonya- Bryan Adams &"Everything I do..." *sigh*. I've seen him live a few times, and if you ever get the chance- GO!!

Great job on the scrapbook! I like to keep it small with the cards, so I can only imagine how much work goes into the scrapbook :)

Allison Rankin said...

What a unique layout...you gals most really love these books (who has the time to read?) to be able to get so inspired!

Maria said...

Wow, what a fabulous layout! I love the red and black colors!! So pretty! I haven't seen or read Twighlight but would love to see the movie.

Maria

Catherine said...

this is awesome :)

Jen Shults said...

Great project!!! Now I have to say I never thought of Everything I Do by Bryan Adams as a Twilight connection but now that I think about it the lyrics are brilliantly perfect. The instrumental... not so much. Now if David Cook wanted to redo it and remaster it.... I'd be down with that. :D

And I agree with Tonya - that does scream Robin Hood and Kevin Costner to me, lol.

Cheryl said...

Very cool idea. I love your layout!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop