Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Sissy's Scrap Layout Sketch Challenge#2

Good Wednesday to you ;)
It's time for another Sissy's Scrap Challenge!!!

First, I'd like to thank y'all for all your get-well wishes and sweet, inspiring comments :) They mean the world to me!

I'm feeling a bit better! As much as I don't want to fall behind (again!) , I don't want to over-do it! ;)

Ok, now on to business ;)


Here's lil sissy's Layout Sketch #2...

I'm still having a hard time with sketches, lol! Sara is awesome and very creative with them - as you can see, she even makes her own! BUT, I've always been the type to just lay everything out as I go along - which usually takes me hours to do it that way! :) But even so, it always felt more natural to me doing it that way!

My point is - these challenges REALLY are BIG challenges for me TOO!!! :)
My pics were too big to follow the sketch exactly! So for the 5 panels on the bottom, I improvised with buttons! C'mon! Ya didn't think that I would make one for Nicky and not one for Matt too!!! ;)
Sooo... what do ya think? Do my layouts follow the sketch? ;)12x12 Layout Details:

Paper(s): My Mind's Eye - Dreamy Part 2 DP and Transparency (from MemoryWorks); Bazzill.
Accessories: K&Company Black Glitter Alphabet Stickers; American Crafts Poolside Thickers; Scenic Route Buttons; Unknown Ribbon.

... and this is this week's prize!!!

To join in this week's challenge:
-Create a LO, any size, based on the sketch provided.
-Link us up and leave a comment here or at our PCP group with your link.-If you are using SCS or another forum...please use SSLSC2.
-Creations are due no later than Tuesday, at 8pm EST.
-The winner will be chosen randomly and posted Tuesday, by 9pm EST.

Go on! Take a peek at lil sissy's 8x8 layout!!!
... and then head on over to Sissy's Scrap and try the sketch!!!

Thanks everyone :)

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

these are great layouts Margie!!! Such cuties!!!

Steph said...

I think you did a great job with this sketch! I usually alter them a little, but that's what makes them YOURS! fab job Margie!! TFS :)

Maria said...

Wow, awesome awesome!!! Your layout is fantastic Margie!! Your kids are so adorable! Such awesome pictures. I'm in a LO mood . . .maybe I should try out the challenge. As you know I'm layout challenged sometimes. It's hard to get me going. That's an interesting sketch. Looks very challenging. I'll see what I can come up with. I say that every week but again, when it comes to layouts I have to sit and meditate to have the mojo flowing! LOL!

Maria

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by PSW Shop